Is the network marketing business model a scam, a get-rich-quick scheme, a Ponzi scheme? We would argue from research and experience that network marketing is “a fair, democratic and socially responsible” business model. And today it is very social.
We recommend to everyone who wants to consider becoming a self-employed entrepreneur that they read The Business of the 21st Century by Robert Kiyosaki.
To whet your appetite I will highlight here each chapter in the book……..
- The Rules Have Changed – The rules sure have changed. Just look at the crisis in Europe related to the Euro, our dependence on foreign oil and the disastrous spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the jobless rate with many of those jobs never coming back, huge government deficits at all levels, pensions at risk, etc., etc.
- The Silver Lining – “72% of all Americans would rather work for themselves than for a job, and 67% think about quitting their jobs “regularly” or “constantly.””
- Where do You Live? – Kiyosaki presents four quadrants described as “where do you live” economically –Employee (working for someone else), Small Business Owner (you work for the business), Business Owner (the business works for you), Investor.
- Your Core Financial Values – The core values of each of the four ways to earn outlined in Chapter 3. The main difference between the S quadrant and the B quadrant is that “the person in the S quadrant wants to be the best in their field and the person in the B quadrant wants to build a team of people who are the best in their field.” The S quadrant person is irreplaceable and must always be on site and involve. The person in the B quadrant can leave for a time and still get paid residual income.
- The Mindset of an Entrepreneur – In network marketing you don’t have to raise capital to create your business. That has already been done for you.
- It’s Time to Take Control! – Buy a franchise? Open a restaurant? Continue as an employee commuting an hour and a half to New York City every day? Or build a network?
- My Years in the Business – How Kiyosaki’s mind was opened to the power of building a business network.
- It’s Not About Income – It’s About Assets That Generate Income – Is the home that you own an asset or liability?
- Asset #1: A Real World Business Education – Network marketing is for people who want to learn the real-world skills of an entrepreneur, rather than the skills of an employee.
- Asset #2: A Profitable Path of Personal Development – In our experience with network marketing we have seen person after person in our network grow and become more effective and confident in so many ways.
- Asset #3: A Circle of Friends Who Share Your Dreams and Values – We have network teammates in locations as diverse as New York City, Colombia, Costa Rica, Charleston (SC), New Bern (NC) and the New Jersey shore who all are committed to a healthy lifestyle and who are excited about sharing same with others.
- Asset #4 – The Power of Your Own Network – The value of a network has been described by the formula Value = Network (squared). Just consider the success of the networks such as Facebook or business networking groups in all parts of the country.
- Asset #5 – A Duplicable and Fully Scalable Business – Everyone can become skilled at networking, coaching and team-building. Plus today with the internet, social networking for business on the internet and the on-line resources provided by a quality network marketing company, such as ASEA, an international business is possible.
- Asset #6 – Incomparable Leadership Skills – The largest network marketing businesses are built by people with outstanding leadership skills, which can be learned “on the job.”
- Asset #7 – A Mechanism for Genuine Wealth Creation – Kiyosaki makes a strong case for continually re-investing in the business, highlighting the importance of constantly investing in one’s personal growth.
- Asset #8 – Big Dreams and the Capacity to Live Them – At Williams College, Williamstown, MA, attended by our three children, there is a quote on the pillars through which graduates walk at graduation, “Climb high, Climb far, Your goal the sky, Your aim the star.”
- A Business Where Women Excel – Women are excellent at building relationships and motivating others to be the best they can be, skills that really contribute to building a big business network.
- Your Future Starts Now – There are many top quality network marketing companies and unfortunately a few that way over promise and under deliver. Choose wisely both the company and your sponsor/mentor/teammate. ASEA fits us for many reasons – their mission, leadership and a focus on the health and well-being meets the needs of a rapidly growing market.
- What it Takes – A successful network marketing business is possible for everyone. It is a simple business, but also an easy business not to do. To be successful one must be a self-starter; there is no boss looking over your shoulder.
- Living the Life – The audacity of big dreams and the dedication and discipline to pursue them will make all the difference.
- The Business of the 21st Century – “By its very nature and design, network marketing is a strikingly fair, democratic, socially responsible system of generating wealth.”
For those who are tired of being an employee in a cubicle, tired of a daily commute, tired of having no balance in their life, in need of a Plan B and extra income or have always dreamed of having their own business, we encourage you to Contact Us. We promise you there will be no hard sell, just an opportunity to evaluate if this business model is for you.