A great new book, The Baby Boomer Century (1946 – 2026) by Richard Croker discusses all of the fascinating demographics and market forces that affirm the strong position of the MLM opportunity in the wellness industry.
- The number of baby boomers in America between 1946 and 1964 is estimated at 78.2 million.
- Approximately 7,918 Americans turn 60 every day. Four million baby boomers turned 60 in 2006.
- Boomers who reach age 656 in 2011 can expect to live, on average, at least another 18 years. Most baby boomers want these years to be healthy, active and productive.
- Four out of 10 boomers have less than $10,000 in retirement savings.
- One third of boomers have at least $100,000 in invest-able assets.
- Only about a third of boomers think they will have enough money to live comfortably once they retire.
- Four out of five boomers intend to keep working and earning in retirement.
- The unpredictable cost of illness and healthcare is by far the boomers’ biggest fear. The are three times more worried about a major illness (48%), their ability to pay for healthcare (53%) or winding up in a nursing home(48%) than about dying (17%).
The baby boomer market is huge. ASEA is a business that offers a challenge, the advantage of wellness, the chance to earn extra income, to travel, to meet caring people, to work on one’s own schedule without a major investment.